Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Oh the Places You'll Go!


Bruce's baby sister graduated from Sky View last night! Congratulations Maegan!
I hate to admit it but I have a secret confession...I actually like going to graduations! I know it sounds crazy and I do think that they can get a little long; but I still like them. I start getting all nostalgic and remembering my own High School friends and college days and I can't help but enjoy graduation, speeches and all. It is such an exciting time to graduate from High School and move on to a new part of life and then to later graduate from College and feel like you have really accomplished something big!
When all of the graduates started singing the school song last night I couldn't help remembering Mrs. Leatham's sophmore English class. Everyone had to memorize the school song for the first test in her class. (You gotta love Mrs. Leatham and if you remember her purple cowboy boots, you gotta love those too!)
Hooray for good old Sky View High and all the great memories!

3 comments:

mckenzie said...

there's something so nice about nastalgia. really i like things like that too.

Andrea said...

Thanks for being a part of all those great high school memories I have Val. I'm so glad I got to see you this last week. You have a beautiful family and a beautiful home. You can tell Bruce I was very impressed with his handiwork!! Aren't husbands just the best?

Melissa said...

Valerie! I am so glad to have stumbled upon your blog! (from ryan's) You are as adorable as ever! Congrats on the new baby! I hope all is well for you and your crew. Speaking of the olden days I just wanted to let you know i always looked up to you. you were (and I am guessing still are) one of the nicest girls i ever knew!
Melissa (Barson) Miller